Monday 21 February 2011

Silver and Gold

 

'Count, then, the silver miracles and golden dreams of happiness as all the treasures you would keep within the storehouse of the world. The door is open, not to thieves, but to your starving brothers, who mistook for gold the shining pebble, and who stored a heap of snow that shone like silver. They have nothing left behind the open door. What is the world except a little gap perceived to tear eternity apart, and break it into days and months and years? And what are you who live within the world except a picture of the Son of God  in broken pieces, each concealed within a separate and uncertain bit of clay. ' - ACIM













3 comments:

  1. And what am I except remembering that this whole crazy illusion is simply calling me to love - you, me, all my relations - in every moment. A-ho xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm. wow. Thank you for posting this. So, so powerful. I'll be coming back to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these powerful words, Nige.

    Nige who I admire and think about often. Nige who I appreciate and miss.

    Sending big love to you today.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete