Thursday 23 June 2011

Tell Me On A Sunday

Recently, I joined a couple of friends for a wonderful evening of outdoor cabaret to help raise money for the Red Cross. Claire had made a big scrumptious picnic for us consisting of cooked meats, salad leaves, new potatoes, chips, strawberries and banana loaf , washed down with a flask of green tea.

My main reason for attending the cabaret was to support my beloved Elloa who would be singing a solo called Tell me on a Sunday. According to Ell the last time she was asked to sing a solo was in secondary school, and she felt so frightened that she was unable to sing a note! So, this was a crucial moment for Ell as she attempted to make the journey from fear to love.

Supporting each other is an essential part of this grand adventure as we make the higgledy journey back to the land of milk and honey. Sunshine or rain - its all the same when you are in the business of love. I especially enjoy walking alongside Elloa because she is a smashing person, and we both have lots in common e.g. meditating, riding bikes and eating cake.

So, I silently blessed her with unconditional love and wrapped her in the warmth of loves embrace, afterall it takes incredible courage to stand up and sing in front of a crowd of people.

When Elloa sang the angels rushed to meet her. Her fragile voice danced in the wind, gently tugging at my heartstrings and I became  tearful. And from a nearby oak tree a blackbird provided harmonies. I witnessed this magnificent woman walk straight out of this world and through another to peace and joy. WOW!

‘Listen - perhaps you catch a hint of an ancient state not quite forgotten; dim, perhaps, and yet not altogether unfamiliar, like a song whose name is long forgotten, and the circumstances in which you heard completely unremembered . Not the whole song has stayed with you, but a little wisp of melody, attached not to a person or a place or anything particular. But you remember. From just this little part, how lovely was the song, how wonderful the setting where you heard it, and how you loved those who were there and listened with you.’ - ACIM

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Nige. I am overwhelmed by the beauty of hearing of this from your perspective. You are a beautiful man. Thank you for being you. I am so proud of Elloa! Kind of blows me away that she had that kind of courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I didn't expect this at all! Wow. Thank you. I'm crying now x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish you could feel what's in my heart right now, Nige & Elloa...words can't explain the depth of what I am feeling. Love. Just Love.

    ReplyDelete